From my coaching manual book:
“Gratitude is deeper than feeling happy. It is about a state of mind. To value gratitude and to be in this state of mind means that everything you see, you see through the eyes of thankfulness. Every action you take and every thought that you have comes from this place. The amazing thing about being in this state of mind is that it creates an increase in energy in you. Your overall body will feel strong and confident when you are in a state of gratitude. Have you ever been in a situation where you feel angry and frustrated and you take a deep breathe and think of something that you have to be grateful for? Maybe it was a friend in your life, maybe it was your health, maybe it was your family. Whatever it was, do you remember the shift in energy that occurred in you at that moment in time when you made that shift? Test it right now! Take a deep breathe and think of something or someone you are grateful for. How are you feeling? Observe your posture. It will shift and so too will the energy fields in your body. When we increase the energy fields in our body it is similar to electricity. The energy bursts throughout the universe and it connects with other people. When you are in a state of gratitude people notice. No body wants to be ungrateful or ungenerous. When people fail to live with gratitude and abundance it is usually through fear, habit or lack of reflection, rather than design. Most people, when they are operating at their best, are generous and grateful.”
I am grateful for….
- Cleaning & de-clutter our apartment
- A nice and relaxing week end with my baby
- Dustin for being my first “Guest Blogger” and writing a very touching post
- To be married to the most wonderful man on Earth
- Amanda for being such an amazing friend and for appreciating me. One of her text was: “Great quote about personal trainers that made me think of how awesome you are: It is a blessing to have someone that will say,”Yes, I understand. You devote hours and hours to competing in races you’ll never win, you want to build muscles that you office job will never require, you want to throw yourself against walls just to see how far you can bounce. I get it, and I’ll help you.”
- Iced Coffee
- Spending time watching Luna playing outside our apartment complex with four other dogs while laughing & talking to our neighbors
- Sun to be finally out (well not today)
- All the great comments on my blog posts
- Tom to do an amazing job on the Trek Across Maine
I’d like to conclude this post with a beautiful poem that my teacher Angela told us in class, as to remind us why we can be thankful at all times:
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful in the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful when you have limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful during the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful in the midst of your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
~ Author unknown